There are many studies today about the amazing benefits of coconut oil. It is even being classified as a “superfood” now. Some of the benefits of coconut oil are truly astounding.
It can help you lose weight, stave off infection, moisturize your skin, lower your cholesterol, reduce seizures and even boost brain function in Alzheimer’s patients, as some have claimed.
The benefits of coconut oil have even reached the area of cellulite and the question on everyone’s mind is:
Does coconut oil reduce cellulite?
Using coconut oil in a cellulite massage treatment helps in a few different ways. The massage exfoliates the epidermis, stimulates blood flow and lymph circulation, and encourages the growth of new skin. Each of these factors contributes to reducing the appearance of cellulite.
There are no studies showing if cellulite will vanish with coconut oil alone, but it’s most effective when used with daily dry brushing treatments. Even if you don’t have cellulite, I recommend using coconut oil as your daily moisturizer.
For the coconut oil massage, you will need a soft, dry shower brush. You can purchase one at any home goods store or shop for them online. Coconut oil can also be purchased online, at any health food or vitamin shop, or even at some club stores that carry it at competitive prices. Once you get your brush and oil (I’ve included the best coconut oil down below), follow these easy instructions:
- Drink plenty of water — drink at least 8-16 ounces of water prior to giving yourself a coconut oil cellulite massage. This will help eliminate toxins from your system before the treatment.
- Take a hot shower — opening your pores will help prepare the skin for the coconut oil massage treatment.
- Pat dry your body completely
- Add coconut oil to your soft-bristled dry shower brush
- Brush the area affected by the cellulite — vigorously brush the area in a circular motion, moving upwards toward your heart. This will increase circulation and remove any dead skin that is preventing the body from absorbing the coconut oil.
- Wait ten minutes
- Take another hot shower
- Spray olive oil on brushed areas — this will smooth and soften the skin.
- Clean your brush weekly — you can use soap and warm water to clean your massage brush and then hang it to dry. Make sure it is completely dry before the next massage.
The coconut oil cellulite reduction massage can be done daily and should take 10–20 minutes. If your skin becomes irritated or rough, leave more time in-between massages. If you want to ramp up your cellulite reduction, you could use a caffeine cream or aminophylline cream after the dry brushing treatment. Tip: Using a couple creams at the same time create a killer cocktail.
Best Coconut Oil For Your Cellulite:
If you’re looking for a good quality coconut oil to try on your skin, you should take a look at Pure Body Naturals’ fragrance free coconut body oil.
Not only is it priced well under $20, it also has a 5 star rating and it’s the #1 best seller on amazon for massage lotions.
The coconut oil comes in a 16oz bottle which will last you a long time. Not only will it help with reducing your cellulite, but this oil makes a great natural daily moisturizer for any skin type and does not clog pores. It’s also great for hair.
It’s currently on sale from it’s regular price, so if you want it you better take a look before it goes back to full price.
Be Sure to Check This Out!
You dont want to miss these
Reduce Cellulite the Natural Way
How Gelatin Reduces Cellulite
Foam Roller Massages Reduce Cellulite
Coffee Scrubs Break Up Cellulite
Eat These Fats, Not Those!
Detox Drink Recipe for Cellulite Reduction
Make Massage Oils to Spot Treat Cellulite
Apple Cider Vinegar Attacks Cellulite
5 Natural Remedies for Cellulite